BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Dream A World

Their is alot of people who've wanted to change the world, and have. The simplist words have changed the way the world to make it to where it is today. Abraham Lincon changed the way the new world was when whites dominated and took blacks in as slaves. Martin Luther King Jr. said a great speech yet again to stop segragation of people. The United States of America changed that not only will white men reign as president but elected a Black President. And just the other day my english teacher told me about another man who wanted to change the world from what he saw... to what he wanted it to be. A man named Langston Hughes (1902-1967), a african-american/ native american/ white man born in Harlem New York. Mr. Langston Hughes is a man of knowledge when he writes a poem called "I Dream A World". In this poem I see not a man just sitting down in class doing this as an assignment but a man, no a person with a thought that the world should be a better place. When he wrote this, he wrote it in his day which was different from today. This poem still applies today but imagine what he wanted to change... he has no idea how it should really be changed now.
I dream a world
where man
No other man will scorn,
Where love will bless the earth
And
peace its paths adorn.
I dream a world where all
Will know sweet freedom's
way,
Where greed no longer saps the soul
Nor avarice blights our day.
A
world I dream where black or white,
Whatever race you be,
Will share the
bounties of the earth
And every man is free,
Where wretchedness will hang
its head
And joy, like a pearl,
Attends the needs of all mankind--
Of
such I dream, my world!

(Langston Hughes)

 

 

 

0 comments: